Careers / DevOps Lead
Navio builds software tools that help cancer patients and their doctors navigate to a better standard of care. Ultimately, we’ll change the narrative around highly lethal cancers like Glioblastoma, where standard treatment offers no hope.
Navio’s software helps patients understand their treatment, track their progress and response, and provides a streamlined treatment calendar, allowing them to feel less overwhelmed and more in control. For physicians, Navio helps improve patient understanding of and compliance with their treatment plan. With visibility into the complete patient journey, Navio will provide researchers access to a unique dataset for finding novel relationships that will lead to better care for all.
Navio is looking for a lead of developer operations to own our application infrastructure, our release and deployment processes, and the reliability of our products. We seek an experienced independent thinker who can apply best practices without being overly dogmatic. We’re a small company but have big ambitions and our infrastructure is correspondingly complex. Come help us build out a platform that is both compassionate and technically challenging.
More information at navio.com
If you’re interested in this role, contact email@example.com
- You have deep experience in deployed environments of various shapes and sizes, and you have the scars (and knowledge) to prove it.
- You care about process but not at the expense of people.
- Reliability is in your blood: you like “boring technology” that doesn’t wake you up at night.
- You eat, breathe and dream Amazon Web Services.
- You’re a team player: you don’t believe in “throw it over the wall.” You’re willing to pitch-in where needed.
- You also like to code, and understand the interplay between infrastructure choices and application architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Architect our production stack with input from developers and the head of engineering.
- Write and maintain our production infrastructure in Terraform.
- Contribute to backend development when needed.
- Construct deployment pipelines that are durable and reliable.
- Shepherd our code through test to prod: you’ll take ownership of the reliability and performance of our applications and work collaboratively with developers to improve them.
- Author and evangelize runbooks and processes that empower the whole team to support our stack.
- Create monitoring dashboards and alerting streams with high signal-to-noise.
- Ensure that we make the best use of Amazon services.